Wednesday, June 6, 2007

That's Better

How frustrated can a person be? If I get much more stressed out I think I'll explode.

Don left last night for a few hours, there I was again, in charge of entertainment. He was gone all morning this morning, he left right after breakfast and didn't return until 12:30. How is it possible to be a good hostess when your guests do not want to do a thing? I know the flaw is my own. They have made it perfectly clear that they neither want or need to be entertained. I positively can not just sit there and say or do nothing, or worse yet, talk about mind numbing topics for hours on end. The subjects would be interesting if they could say two words in each others company without arguing about it and the bickering is so disturbing that my mind locks in the numb position until they stop. The sad thing is that I would very much like to ask them both questions about their childhood and life experiences but it is impossible to carry on a normal conversation when they are both in the same room.

At least the three of them are listening to the old phonograph right now. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, I just can't see it yet.

There is always hope.

Betty

No comments: