Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Like many other people, it has been years since we last took a true vacation. In our case that would be defined as a vacation not associated with a running race (marathon, 5 or 10K or any other foot race) and or the business of running. I think it is extraordinarily interesting that so many people don't take vacations. It seems the more time we save ourselves, the less time we have. Time is really the largest part of the problem for us. However, we shall soon be vacationing by the sea. One advantage of not taking a vacation as often as we might like is that we are determined to do it the right way when we do. So...getting ready for vacation will give me something to do in the next few weeks.

I read another chapter from BL&T this morning. It is building up nicely,. I will admit to being very curious about some of the comments made on Lee Child's forum. I have read (mostly) good reviews and a few complaints, accompanied by a few of what I am sure must have been very biased views against Reacher's character. So far in the book, I have seen nothing to merit the criticism against either Lee Child or Reacher. But, I admit to be biased in favor of them.

This is the first day since Homer and Irene left that I feel firmly back in my little niche. Thank goodness, things are once again on even ground. Most days, Don spends a few hours running or otherwise involved with the business of running. I putter around the house and scribble out a few paragraphs for my book, I love the thought of seeing if I can come up with a thriller worthy of the name :) and I write a little something here. A nice quiet life. Minimum stress and comfortable levels of stimulation for the old brain. Things line up nicely sometimes, don't they?

Now, I don't want to overload you with stimulus, but I am once again off to do something productive. I think I will sort through my closets and see what needs to go to Goodwill. Sorry, I suddenly seem to be a little distracted.

There is always hope.

Betty

No comments: