Sunday, June 10, 2007

Desperate Introspection

As always, after a harrowing experience (such as having overnight guests) I find myself engaged in desperate introspection. Can there be any hope for me as a worthwhile person? I do believe a person would have to be petty and cruel to harbor ill feelings toward someone so old and bitterly sad that they could not even defend themselves ( in a war of words ). I thank God that I do not harbor those kinds of feelings, I do not believe frustration can be placed in the same realm as cruelty. Who would not become frustrated by constant bickering? Though I do believe frustration can drive a person to be less than courteous.

Oh...why desperate introspection? Because I have lost all hope of ever understanding Homer and Irene. They make me look at my own marriage, and I must confess, I see through jaundiced eyes after an encounter with them. As I said in a previous post, the very thought of another 20 or 30 years terrifies me. I want to run, screaming and firing live rounds from a Mossberg Persuader at the specters that haunt my future. (Sorry, I kind of lapsed into Reacher mode there for a minute.)

I do have some exciting news! I received my Reacher toothbrush! It is everything I had hoped for :-). (Well, I admit my expectations were low.) It now sits proudly on display on my Lee Child shelf in the bookcase. What fun. Sometimes, it really is the little things that make it all worth the fuss and bother. While I am at it (going on about Lee Child and Reacher that is) I may as well relay the information that I have finished reading "The Hard Way" for the second time. I don't plan to start "Bad Luck and Trouble" for a few days (oh alright, you know me too well) I want to be sure there will be no interruptions once I get started. I know it will be a marathon reading.

There is always hope.

Betty





No comments: