Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Summer Steams Ahead

I may spend the majority of the year being anything from a little lonely to desperate for human contact but right now I am so busy I don't have time to be lonely. It's always this way for a couple of weeks in late June and early July. What I find really amazing is that for the most part, I seem to do pretty well with the exposure to lots of other people. For the most part...

I still tremble and shake and break out in dewy perspiration (oh please! sweat is sweat) but hey, everybody body sweats in the summer :) or nearly everybody. I would say by the end of these next two weeks I should positively glow.

A sampling of what's coming up. Neighborhood party, and let me tell you when your neighbors live 1/2 mile to 1 mile away from each other, it's a big neighborhood! Don will be busy with the business end of running as well as running a few races himself. I have promised him to be front and center for the next few weeks. Right out there for the world to see and pick apart and stare at. Well, at least that's what it feels like to me.

Anytime I am pushed into a crowd (that is more than 2 people for me) I not only suffer anxiety attacks, I also have a few little paranoia issues to deal with. Let's talk about germs. That one is a real biggie. I don't think I have discussed germs here yet. I suppose the biggest reason I have for being paranoid about germs (aside from the fact that they can kill) is that I had a few years of very bad health and I was extremely vulnerable to germs at that time. I am still prone to infection but not nearly as bad as before. It is impossible to avoid germs, no matter where you are or what you do. I know that. But I just can't help thinking about it. Not just surface germs, there are germs in food and drink and the handle of every door too...That's enough of that. I have to go shower just because I was talking about it. Yuk! I know, I am nuts.

At any rate. The next few weeks are pretty well booked, so I don't know how often I'll be able to post here. I will try but if you read this blog on a regular basis (does anyone? I doubt it) I'm sorry you won't have a lot to read for a short while. I promise to jump right back in as soon as things settle down.

There is always hope.

Betty

No comments: