Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Happy Anniversary To Me

Today marks my one year anniversary of quitting smoking. A huge accomplishment, I proudly pat myself on the back :).

In proper celebratory fashion, Don proclaimed this to be My Day. We spent the entire day together and I can say I was not lonely for one moment. It was great fun. We went to the movies and watched a double-header. First was Miss Potter. I do love that movie, it is definitely on the top of my To Buy list. Then we saw 300. Not my idea of entertainment at all. My biggest complaint was the volume. I had never been in a theater with the volume so loud my ears hurt until today. Still in all, it was fun to go to the cheap show. We finished our day out by having dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. And here we are. It was a good day.

Tomorrow is another story and I'll see how that goes when the time comes. A quick note on last nights entertainment. We rented The Queen. Really a very good movie. We both gave it five stars.

Now for Reacher, I am afraid I am in for a very long night tonight. I have reached chapter 22 and I know if I pick that book up again this evening, Lee Child will have me up all night. Listen to me, there are worse fates than spending the night with Reacher (as long as you are in his good graces) and his old gang. I don't have to feel guilty. One of Don's favorite magazines came in the mail today. His nose will be buried nearly as deeply as mine in print, so hey, a girls gotta live.

There is always hope.

Betty

No comments: