Monday, June 4, 2007

Ridiculous Recrimination

Good morning. It is a beautiful day. A little on the muggy side, but it is nice and warm. I was sure summer would never come this year. In case you are wondering, I am reminding myself of the small happy things, the things that make my current sniveling state completely ridiculous. Given the opportunity, I am positive Homer and Irene's recriminations would be just as pitiful as mine. Rather than dwell on the negatives I have decided instead to look at the humorus because I believe we make a very funny foursome.

We all managed to get settled for the night last night in relative peace. I put extra bedding on the living room sofa (just in case Irene couldn't sleep in the guest bed). I waited patiently for everyone else to be comfy and cozy before I went to bed, and I was dog tired.

Naturally, a night with guests in the house could not pass without some small,insignificant incident. This morning at about 3:00, I stumbled blindly into the bathroom,(I am not kidding here) and a moment later I sat in the toilet bowl. I assume it was Homer, who failed to put the toilet seat down. No need, I am sure to carry on with that little snippet. Truly, woe is me.

This morning when I got up, Homer was up trying to find a bowl so he could make his breakfast, Don was out doing a nice long 10 mile run, and Irene waited until she heard me close the bathroom door to get up. As soon as I came out she trundled down the hall with a painful expression on her face and said, "My turn". Good morning indeed. And now? I am sneaking again to write this post because Don is back and I am sure he can entertain them for a few moments. But wait! He is headed to the shower!

I admit it. I do find a certain amount of comfort in the knowledge that as bad as things may be in the world, the trivial can still dominate.


There is always hope.

Betty

No comments: