Saturday, June 2, 2007

Time to Clean House

I could not have asked for a better day to stay indoors and clean my house. It is very hot and humid here already, and it is still very early in the day. Thank goodness for AC.

Cleaning house is a good way to pass time if I have some thinking to do. It is pretty much mindless work and it encourages thought. One quirk I have about cleaning is that I have to have music playing. I would be interested to know what other people do while they clean. My mother always has the television on, for the noise. My husband seems to enjoy quiet when he is working (tends to make it difficult for us both to be contented). I have considered using my MP3 player when we are both in the house working, but that doesn't happen very often and when it does I try to play something he likes on the whole house stereo.

When there are other people about when I am cleaning, I think I must drive them mad. I am a very poky worker. My view is, why hurry? I have all the time I need to finish the job, no matter how long it takes. Consequently, I take many breaks. Like right now. I really should get back to it. I always try to remember, the sooner I get finished the sooner I can read.

Ah, speaking of reading. Do you know, I haven't even opened Bad Luck and Trouble since I got home. Three reasons for that. First, I am reading The Hard Way again and I want to finish that first. Second, I was too distracted to do anything but dream before I went to see Lee Child and that put me behind on my work. Third, I am suddenly in no rush to read it. I have to wait an entire year until the next book comes out. I want to savor this one. Even so, I will not allow myself to read it until my house is shiny and clean again. So, off I go.

There is always hope.

Betty

No comments: