Saturday, September 15, 2007

At A Loss For Words

Good golly day, have you ever sat down at your keyboard and drew a blank? Yuck! This is not at all fun. It is quite unusual for me; there were plenty of things that happened today for me to write about. My problem is stroking (keyboard stroke, stroke the keys, get it?) them to the page. Well, my problem goes a lot deeper than that but lets not get too personal about it, hmm.

The first item of note is that I have been headache free all day. What a nice feeling. Of course, being pain free, I had to see if I could tweak the computers and improve their performance. (Side note: I must have exceptionally high expectations for my computers because I am never entirely satisfied with them.) I have to ask myself, am I into self-inflicted misery? Is that why I cannot seem to leave well enough alone? Do I secretly (so secret even I do not know) crave the hours spent droopy eyed and comatose in front of my monitor waiting for the thing to work properly? So, ponder this, if that is the case, what in the name of Margret did I do for enjoyment before computers came along? No, sorry, I do not believe I am quite that unstable. Anyway, after I got the desktop nice and messed up I moved to the kitchen.

Lasagna, now there is a fun thing to put together on a beautiful, late summer afternoon. I do enjoy cooking and I have not been up to being creative lately, so I enjoyed every moment. While the lasagna was baking, I cleaned up the prep mess and set about seeing what could be salvaged from the salad makings that have been hanging out in my refrigerator for a few days too long. Sadly, I could only salvage about half of it, ah well. My tummy is feeling better so I think I can stand the thought of salad again and the remaining green stuff will be consumed in a timely manner.

And there you have it, my day thus far. Oh dangnabit! I just hate it when I can think of nothing to say. I will try to do better tomorrow.

There is always hope.

Betty

No comments: