Friday, August 31, 2007

I Run With The Cows

The strangest thing happened; Thursday evening I got a migraine and I hid out in the cool, dark quiet of our family room all day yesterday, in a drugged stupor. I woke up at 5:00 A.M. this morning with my head still thumping. I got up at 7:00 and the headache was gone. I just cannot believe it. I don’t recall ever having had a migraine that lasted less than three days. I call it bloody awesome.

I just have to tell you what I dreamed between five and seven. You will perhaps recall my writing (sometime in May) about how much I miss my father. This morning I dreamt he bought a house just down the road from us. We spent most of our time with each other just doing the things that we always enjoyed doing, fishing and camping and talking about nearly everything under the sun. We went in search of a moose we were both convinced the neighbor had in his field. And I in Dances With Wolves fashion ran with the cows. Ran with the cows? Where in the name of oregano did that come from? I do miss my father. One thing that occurred to me later in the day; I never once felt I had to prove anything to him. He loved me because I was his daughter, unconditionally. I will always love him just the same. I cannot help myself; it makes me sad to know that no one will ever love me the same way I loved him. Strange, the things we dream and the thoughts they provoke.

Sorry, I just had to say it.

With the miraculous absence of a headache, Don and I decided to go see a movie. We saw Death Sentence. It was nice to see Kevin Bacon; I have missed seeing him recently. I have followed his career since he played Tim McIntyre on the CBS soap opera Guiding Light. Who knew John Goodman could play a bad guy so well? I have always thought of him as a big teddy bear. I give the movie 3 out 5 stars. The actors did a fine job but I found the storyline just a touch unbelievable. More on the movie tomorrow.

As for now, I think rather than risk getting another headache by squinting at the monitor, I am going to go downstairs and watch an episode of Sharpe on our big TV.

Ther is always hope.

Betty

No comments: