Thursday, August 2, 2007

Celtic Favorites

I recently received a prettily packaged set of CDs called Celtic Favorites. Don knows I am positively (dare I say it?) yumpy over all things Celtic. I have acquired most of my collection of books, music and DVDs through him as gifts. Some of the items were, I am sure, a little pricey and that brings to mind the reason for mentioning my new CDs. This particular set is neither expensive or rare in any true sense of the word. To me however, it is priceless.

You should have seen my face when, while walking through Wal~mart (we are simple people) I found the beautiful little green metal box that said inside it was a collection of music called Celtic Favorites. I was I confess, nearly breathless with anticipation as I put it in our basket. When he saw what it was Don smiled at me and his beautiful blue eyes gleamed as he told me to consider it a gift from him. I was so happy I nearly started weeping. "Come on Betty," he said. "it's just a $10 box of CDs. You would think I was giving you the Hope diamond or something." I wiped a tear from my eye and said, "I know. Thank you."

Now here I sit, alone. Don has gone to school to do a little work with the cross country course. It is as I said yesterday, that time of year. Funny, I don't feel lonely at all right now. I am writing this post on our new HP Notebook while on our PC I am downloading Celtic Favorites to the new portable hard drive Don gave me to store my music on.

There is always hope.

Betty

No comments: