Monday, August 27, 2007

Goodness, What a Terrible Mess!

You may have noticed I have not been posting here on a regular basis lately. That was supposed to change last week. Ha, you know, for just a little while there, I thought it would happen. Wrong, and I will tell you why.

I suppose a quick recap of the summer will bring us all back up to speed. You may recall, the summer began with a sublime trip to Dayton so I could see the worlds greatest author (in his genre) Lee Child, and have my copy of his latest book signed. A visit from Homer and Irene followed that exquisite experience. We ended the month of June with a trip to the beautiful state of South Dakota; if the opportunity ever presents itself to you, do visit there. The people are friendly and the scenery is gorgeous. In July, we celebrated our 30Th anniversary by taking a trip to Delaware where we soaked up sun and sea at Bethany Beach. Book seven of the Harry Potter series arrived on our doorstep as promised on day it debuted here in the U.S. By the time we were home again, I was having frequent migraines and our Internet service was gimping along at what I felt certain was about half the speed it should have. We bought a Notebook and trundled into the month of August accompanied by several trips to the E.R. in search of relief from migraine pain. That pretty well brings things up to date through 17 August.

Feeling a little better during a break in the headaches, I emailed our ISP and asked them why our connection was so lousy. Regrettably, by the time they phoned on Monday or Tuesday last, to set a time to come and check out the equipment on site, I had another migraine and could not return their call. Don and I were also having a wee debate on whether or not there actually was a problem for them to check out. He did not want to put extra strain on my shoulders while I was feeling poorly and I was in so much pain I did not have the strength to care. Therefore, my getting back to them had been delayed until Friday afternoon, the 24Th. I give you my word the following is true. I called the service technician to schedule for today (Monday) and I had not been off the phone with him more than five minuets when our internet service quietly took one last gasp and died. This next part is my fault; not wanting to sound like a harpy, I decided to wait and see if the “weather” (always their excuse) was the culprit. Come Saturday, when I still had no internet service, I called my ISP. I waited by the phone for a return call from them the rest of the day, never came. So…here I sit. It is Monday morning and I know two things; one - I still do not have internet service and two - a service technician will be here some time today. I ask you, is it any wonder that I have a headache this morning? Thankfully, it is a tension headache and not a migraine.

Now for the BREAKING NEWS! Yea, he didn’t make it until after 3:00 P.M., but the service technician from my ISP has finally repaired my satellite! Phew, hope that never goes on the blink again.

There you have my minuscule, in the greater scheme of things, problems. I feel obligated to point out the fact that I am fully aware my problems are nothing earth shattering. I promise you, I am very grateful for that. Other than the headaches that I am certain are not an indicator of anything mysteriously fatal, I do count my lucky stars.

There is always hope.

Betty

No comments: