Friday, August 17, 2007

My Thoughts Are Scattered

What a night I am having! I have tried to go to sleep (and I did for about a hour) but I woke up and I just can't get back to sleep. My mind is roaming all over the place tonight. In the half hour or so I waited in bed for sleep to come back I thought about; the process waking up, Cornelia's book, housework that needs doing, Harry Potter, the new laptop, what to make for dinner tomorrow and Reacher, as well as a few other odd things that flitted through but didn't land long enough to register.

On the process of becoming awake. I was wondering, I have read in various books many descriptions of the waking up process, and I can not help but wonder if they are all true. I have read that people transition from being deeply submerged in the realm of sleep to gently drifting up to the conscious world as if floating on a cloud. That sounds nice. It has never happened to me but I like the sound of it well enough to give it a go if I had a choice. I have read of people who, deeply asleep, find themselves tugged roughly and quickly awake. I think that would not be the most pleasant way to awake. I have read of people who feel as if they are half awake and somewhat aware of their surroundings for a long time; during which time they awake gradually, like gentle waves rolling into shore waking a little more as each one breaks, or roughly like a harsh pounding sea battering against rocks. I am sure there are many other examples I could give you and none of them would apply to me. When I come awake, that is precisely what I do. One moment I am sound asleep and the next, my eyes are opening and I am rolling out of bed at the exact same time. LOL, those thoughts should have put me right back to sleep!

Cornelia's book. Well, sorry, you will have to wait until I have finished it. But I will say, I am half way through and I really like Madeline. I haven't had much reading time the past few days but I intend to finish the book tomorrow.

Thinking about housework that needs doing, now these are stimulating thoughts! The place is trashed because when you have a migraine it is quite impossible to bend over (who can clean without bending over?). And there was Harry Potter to read after the headaches were gone and I have been doing...well you get the picture. Life is happening and I am living it, no apologies.

Harry Potter? Yes, the books (I am beginning to come to grips with The Hallows) and the movies. We went to see The Order Of The Phoenix for the sixth time today. Really good movie, if you read the book.

The new notebook. Well, I wrote a review on that particular computer at Epinions and from the comment I received, I didn't do a very good job of it. As I mentioned yesterday, I also wrote a review about Stardust and I thought I did a little better there but... And speaking of writing. I seem to have caught the writing bug (have had it for years actually). Writing has become as compulsory to me as reading. I enjoy it quite as much as reading, and I spend more time doing it than reading at the moment. Still, I would like to make it perfectly clear that I know I am not a "writer". I like the clothing size 5 but I am not a size five. Just so with writing. I have neither the education nor the finished product that would qualify me as such. Alright. On we go.

Oh yes, dinner tomorrow (today now) well, why did that thought even occur to me? Don is running a race on Saturday so it will have to be pasta.

Goodness me, thinking about Reacher? How very like me :-) I discovered the Reacher web page for the UK today (yesterday). Oh, that is a fun site! I found it when I went on to Wikipedia to look at what they had on Lee Child.

There you have it. The thoughts that prevented my going back to sleep. And now, I am thinking maybe I'll just read a few more pages from Cornelia's book (grinning like a Cheshire cat here) .

There is always hope.

Betty

No comments: