Friday, August 3, 2007

Kind Of Wild Today

I should say it's been kind of wild here the past 24 hours. It all started being really exciting when I found the web page for Cornelia Read .

Not that it was hard to find, I just typed in http://www.coreneliaread.com/ and presto! There she was. Cornelia has a new book out there (new to me but it's been around long enough to be nominated for several literary awards) called A Field Of Darkness. If you are curious, please drop by and visit her site. Cornelia can tell you about it much more effectively than I can. Where was? Oh...yes, well, I signed up for her newsletter and sent her a quick email, she is a wonderful lady and she wields her pen beautifully. I moved a little deeper into cyberspace after that and got lost somewhere or other until nearly two in the morning when I finally shuffled off to bed to rest my burning eyes and thumping head.

When the darned alarm clock went off this morning I nearly suffered apoplexy. We must have the loudest, most obnoxious alarm clock ever sold. At any rate, it accomplished the goal and not long after that I was sitting at this gorgeous new Notebook (did I tell you it's a HP Pavilion dv6449us Entertainment Notebook PC?) it's not high end but it knows how to do more than we'll ever figure out. Ah, there I go again, sorry. Anyway, in came the mail and there it was, a reply to my email from Cornelia. Happy day! I could gush a little more but I do want to get on to the next exciting thing.!

Don and I went to see the first showing of The Bourne Ultimatum this morning. Wow! That movie is packed with non-stop breath taking action. On a scale of 1-5 I definitely give it a 5 in the action category. I think it's the best 3rd in a series movie I have seen in a very long time (and I loved Prisoner Of Azkaban). I don't know how they managed to move the story forward so smoothly with so little dialog, but they did it brilliantly. And the FX on this film were first rate. If you like action, and lots of it combined with intrigue and suspense this is your kind of film.

Now I suppose I should close this out and consider doing some laundry. I told you you it has been a wild day :-)

There is always hope.

Betty

No comments: