Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Oh Happy Day

Time for the Snoopy dance ~~~~~~. This evening I finally get to meet Lee Child :). Even I didn't realize just how excited I was about this. I did not sleep one wink last night (thus the very early morning post). So, get ready Dayton, get ready Lee Child, here I come. Don't worry. I am really well behaved and I am positive you'll never even know you meet me. Just a mousy housewife from Ohio meeting the Hunk of The Decade author. Okay, I'm really smiling here. My description could not be more true. Since I am up and apparently ready to start the day, I may as well get ready for my walk. I hope to put in another 3 miles today. I haven't put in nearly as many miles as I should have in the past few months. I mentioned my copy of Bad Luck And Trouble came in the mail last week. I decided not to read it because I am sending it back. It is not a first edition copy. I am fairly sure they will have first editions at Books & Co. this evening. If not, well, I will still have to buy one of course. And I will be buying the other nine books by Lee that I don't have. Oh, this is so very exciting. This is a perfect example of the benefits of being a loner. If I were more of an extrovert and not starved for attention, I probably wouldn't even go to meet Lee Child. Or if I did, I wouldn't be beside myself with anticipation. Being a little lonely really does increase the impact of exposure to the "real world" for me. As it is I am both a cringing ball of anxiety and about to explode with happiness. How is that for contradiction? Typical, Betty. There is much for me to do today before we leave. And speaking of we, I am so grateful to my husband for taking me to Dayton. He could have refused or told me to go alone. The fact that he offered to take me means a great deal to me. Just listen to me go on. I truly need a cup of coffee. Reacher and I have that in common, I think I love coffee as much as he does. Time to start the fabulous brew. Tomorrow I will tell all about the signing in Dayton. There is always hope. Betty

No comments: