Saturday, May 19, 2007

I Am A Reacher Creature

I am happy to say that on May 29th, I will get to meet my favorite mystery/thriller writer, Lee Child. He will be in Dayton, OH and I will not miss the opportunity to see him. I am waiting for his new book, "Bad Luck And Trouble" to arrive in the mail. I have decided to reread "The Hard Way" by Lee Child. It was the first Reacher book I read and it hooked me, so I read the series from the first book, "Killing Floor" right on up through "One Shot". I think "The Hard Way" is just a little different (in a good way) from the other books. Reacher seems to be operating with just a slightly different mind set. He has always relied on his shrapnel sharp mind as well as his brawn, but I think this time he is assessing things more closely and giving even remote probabilities more consideration than in the past. Naturally his sense of justice and his characteristic vigilantism have not changed. One of the things I love the most about him is that he absolutely does not discriminate. Male or female, if you open the door you had better be prepared for what's on the other side. All said, I guess it will not be a huge hardship to reread THW while I'm waiting on "Bad Luck And Trouble" to get here Betty.

No comments: