Monday, May 28, 2007

Kokosing Gap Trail Busy

What a beautiful day for a trip to Kokosing Gap Trail. For those of you who are unfamiliar with it, Kokosing Gap Trail (http://www.kokosinggaptrail.org) is a paved, 14-mile recreational trail built on a former Pennsylvania Railroad line with endpoints in Mount Vernon and Danville, Ohio. It runs through gently rolling farm country. My husband and I hadn't been there in months, so it was a real treat to spend the early part of the afternoon there today. He ran 12 miles and I walked 3 miles. I encourage you to make the trip there if you have the opportunity. It is interesting, the things that go through my mind when I am out walking. I always have my MP3 player on and the music I choose does dictate the speed at which I walk and the distance. Today I trundled along with Medwyn Goodall, and the Clan album. I also listened to a little of Celtic Legend by Asha. It occurred to me that even out exercising, people have a tendency to stay within their personal cocoons. It's as if their are invisible barriers wrapped around them, I can almost hear them thinking "Do not pass my comfort zone". I think it's fascinating that even in such a rural area people throw their barriers up and keep them there for the duration. Frankly I am a lot more comfortable walking when everyone else is closed off too. It was so busy there today I felt nearly invisible. Another thought as I walked along. I saw an Amish couple on bikes and I thought, well, there goes several ideas for a novel. Think of the possibilities. What could be done with a couple who appear to be Amish on a bike path? The things I think of:). I suppose that is enough of my windblown thoughts for this day. Tomorrow is a huge day for me:) and I have a date with my husband this evening to watch Deadliest Catch, one of my favorite TV shows. There is always hope. Betty

No comments: