Monday, May 21, 2007

Melancholy

I am caught tightly in the grip of melancholy today. Probably due to too much time alone. The day started out well enough. We went together to a local park and he ran while I walked. Alas, by 2:30 I was on my own again for the rest of the day. He won't be back home until 11:00 p. m. or so. Yes, I think melancholy describes the state of my spirit perfectly today. A quote from Charles Kuralt , "There is melancholy in the wind and sorrow in the grass". On the upside of things, I confirmed hotel reservations for the Dayton signing of "Bad Luck And Trouble" by Lee Child ( http://www.leechild.com) at Books and Co. on May 29th. It sounds like an easy enough place to get to and Chad was very helpful on the phone. So everything is a go there. This evening I think I'll park myself next to the washing machine and finish reading "The Hard Way" while I get caught up on laundry. Maybe the reason I like Reacher so much is that he is alone. He even says he gets lonely sometimes. Another thing to share with you today. As I write this I am listening to one of my all time favorite music albums (are they still called albums?), "Celtic Minstrel" by James Galway/The Chieftains. I find it very soothing to a lonely heart. I have been doing a little research on my new favorite author and his books. I figure at my age if I am going to be obsessed with a writer (and I only mean obsessed in a good way, as in devoted to his work) I may as well go all the way and see if it is possible to get all his books in hardcover. So far not much luck there. What could I expect? "Killing Floor" was first published 10 years ago. I have had fun searching though. There are a few used books out there and the occasional new one but when the goal is to own every Reacher book in hardcover the price does make a difference. I guess it's time to get wash started. Thanks for visiting The Lonely Spot. Betty

No comments: