Monday, January 24, 2011

Goodness It Was Cold

If anyone had told me that I would willingly go outside and walk for an hour in 15 degree weather, I would have laughed and said no way. Well, way; that's just what I did yesterday. My top half was warm enough in three layers but my bottom half was chilled to the bone, I only wore a single layer there. At least my feet were warm; I guess wool socks are good for more than preventing blisters.

The plan for today is to put in 3 to 4 miles depending on my pace and time. It is supposed to be warmer today, about 27 degrees, I'll take that.

I have been wondering about relationships lately. Husband/wife, friends, siblings and even parents it seems to me that when you set aside the ideal and hard worked for attainable goal of unconditional acceptance and peer into the depths of what is left, you will either find the glowing ambers of the loftier love or the rusty foundation of a disintegrating wall. The cause of the disintegration is, I believe, hate; born of jealousy or resentment or any of a number of things but it grows slowly and it festers until it finds a way to release some of the toxic sludge through a raised fist, a fowl word, a venomous look or some other vent. I have noted that in relationships where hate creeps in that the appearance of a solid, loving relationship (to the world) is very important. However, the astute observer may discover this lie by listening because in a love/hate relationship the hater cannot resist throwing out the occasional barb, almost as if it irks them for their partner to be too well liked. I have seen this in all sorts of relationships and have been on the receiving end myself, maybe I've been thinking about it because I'm cooped up with nothing much to do but think.

So…I am looking forward to walking later, it gives me other things to think about.

There is always hope.

 

No comments: