Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Impetus I Need

One of these days I'm going to find the motivation to get something done. I am embarrassed to reveal the schedule I keep, but who knows, putting it out there may be the impetus I need to get moving. Don't worry; my current average day will not take long to read.

My day usually begins somewhere between 7:00 and 8:00 o'clock in the morning, though it is not unheard of to be up as early as 5:00 or sleep as late as 9:30. Most days I make the bed as I climb out of it. Then it's first things first, meds and coffee with Don (he is nearly always up before me) in the den and then breakfast. Now the most productive part of my day is done. Once in a while I will use the computer first thing in the morning, even with this modern marvel I don't accomplish much, I check email and weather and play cards. I used to go on to Facebook everyday but even that interest has waned. As for the rest of my day, I can only tell you that occasionally I pick up a dust cloth, and sweep, once a week or so I do the laundry and oh yes, I cook our meals. There you have it, that's what I do. OH! I forgot something very important. I walk most days of the week and I enjoy it.

I am not willing to say we live in a pigsty; though Don said so once to someone who was commenting on our clean house (I have a long memory dear and you live here too), you won't find dust an inch thick or 1 – 4 days dirty dishes piled up in the kitchen but you may find that the floor should be swept and the furniture could use a good dusting. Odds are good that the kitchen table will be covered with paper. I promise you will find the bathroom in good shape and the dusting and sweeping can be done in a trice. If only I could find the motivation to do it.

There is always hope.


 

 

No comments: