Saturday, January 8, 2011

You Have to Breathe to Walk

I am a few days late in posting my very short summary of 2010; it was a mostly quiet year with no health problems and no financial crisis, which I suppose really made it a very good year, and my goals for 2011. Partially because aside from walking, I really have not set any other goals, I am not a goal oriented person.

The biggest reason I haven't posted is because I have been down with the flu or a cold or a bug of some kind since last Monday. To make matters worse, I can get no sympathy from Don because he has it too. All we do is cough and blow our poor sore noses and moan. We communicate with each other in those moans; God, I can't take anymore, me either, oh no here comes a coughing fit, damn I have to blow my nose again, I can't believe I have to get up off this couch and go to the bathroom. Yes, lots of messages in those moans. We must be getting better, we are bored out of our minds but too weak to do anything but watch TV or sit at the computer.

So, I got a Garmin for Christmas and have only used it 2 times. It is sitting on my desk charged and waiting to go for a walk and I can barely walk from the kitchen to the den. I also got a walk in a box from JB, it had walking shoes and pants and wool socks and Gel Blasts and a cool music CD with walking tempo music and earmuffs with headphones built in. Now I just have to be able to breathe and then I can get back to doing the thing that I enjoy most.

That's enough for today, I think. It's time for a nap.

There is always hope.

 

No comments: