Friday, January 21, 2011

A Wet Walk

I walked 4 miles yesterday. The sun did not come out to play, in fact it snowed the entire time I was out there and I was pretty much soaked through by the time I finished. My Yaktrax (correct sp) did a fine job in the snow and ice, though I have to admit that screwed shoes work just as well. I did walk on Wednesday, 2.3 miles; there was a time when that sounded like a long distance to me. Now I have to walk over 5 miles to impress myself.

I saw a dear friend today. I haven't seen her since before Christmas and I have been missing her badly. She is a good listener and an excellent conversationalist, we didn't get to visit for long but we made the most of our time together. There was a lot of catching up to do, she, poor dear, is recovering from a broken shoulder and I, having experience in that area told her she was doing very well. It's funny really how one can be friends with another for years, as we have, and I do not know how old she is. I would venture a guess of somewhere in her mid to late sixties. At any rate, it was wonderful to see her and we both agreed it should not be so long between our next visits.

There really isn't much more to say about what's going on in my life at the moment. I am going to try and distract myself so that the cabin fever that has set in entirely too early doesn't get me too far down. Strange, talking with my friend today there was no end to the things I wanted to say. I'll try to do better next time.

There is always hope.

2 comments:

troutbirder said...

I love to walk too & with my GSD. Lately its been icy, tons of snow, and -18 this a.m. Walking is not a sensible option so I watch my bird feeder all day and read some. I think its cabin fever too... :)

Betty said...

I watch the birds too...they make me smile. I feel like a sissy complaining about our cold weather when you are talking about -18. It's nice to hear from you troutbirder.