Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Need Motivation

Dear Sun, please come back to Ohio and brighten up my life. It's one of those days, you know, cloudy cold and icy; the kind of day that can bring you down even if you are lucky enough not to suffer with SAD during the long cold months of winter. I just looked at the extended weather report. Big mistake, more of the same through the entire forecast period, cloudy, cold and snow; boy oh boy am I in trouble it's a little early to have cabin fever.

Putting all of that gloomy stuff aside and looking forward through rose colored glasses (figuratively speaking) I have been thinking about my birthday that is coming up next Friday. Fifty-two, that's how old I will be. A nice round number that, to match a nice round woman LOL. This fifty something thing hasn't bothered me yet and I hope it doesn't.

I have taken off more days from walking than I should so far this month. Don screwed a pair of shoes for me so I can be more confident walking outside in the snow and ice. I bought myself a pair of Yaktraks (sp?), why I don't know, the screwed shoes are working out nicely. I believe it must be the weather, the reason that I can't seem to stay motivated to walk every day. The Garmin I received for Christmas has only been used a few times. But wait! I just remembered why I took at least 5 days off, I was sick with a terrible sinus thing that went to my chest (Don was sick at the same time with the same thing) and I couldn't stop sniffling and blowing my nose and coughing long enough to breathe let alone try to go for a walk. Don didn't run either. Well, that explains 5 days but it does not cover the others like yesterday, I just could not make myself get off of the couch and do it. The weather is no good excuse as I have a perfectly good (if somewhat noisy) treadmill. So here I am today, determined to walk but open to the smallest excuse not to. You know, my left pinkie hurts, maybe I need just one more day off or not. I think not, I hope I will walk today.

There is always hope.

No comments: