Sunday, June 8, 2008

We Saw The Strangers

Today we went to the movie theater and saw… (Wait a minute I suppose my designating it as a"movie" theater dates me, what do they say these days?) Sorry about that, as I was saying we went to see The Strangers today. I have to tell you, if you are into edge of the seat, holding your breath and screaming like the girl that I am movies, this one is for you. Yes, I did scream, right out loud. Liv Tyler stars as Kristen McKay and she nailed her role, playing opposite Scott Speedman as James Hoyt. The two go to his parent's vacation home after attending a wedding, they have had some sort of disagreement (evidently James proposed and Kristen said no) which ruins the romantic plans James had for that night. Without giving away anything crucial, I will tell you that the gist of the story is that they are terrorized by people wearing masks and the people attacking them enjoy watching the fear they generate in their victims before they go in for the kill. Bryan Bertino wrote and directed this thriller and I think he deserves an award or two for the effort. I cannot remember the last time I screamed in a theater. We knew they should be afraid long before the victims did and it worked beautifully in building suspense and anticipation. I rate it four out of five stars.

I am in the process of writing a children's story. With my mind being so muddled lately, it is a bit difficult to keep on subject at times but it is coming along. I believe I'll go ahead and post what I have completed at the end of the week. It is nothing of consequence, only something I thought of while mowing the grass one day. I will tell you that I so loved the title of one of posts here that it actually gave me the idea for the story, that and a birdhouse. The post was titled The Great Lady Bug Hunt; you are familiar with the way I twitter off and take a different path than the one I had originally intended, so imagine what I will do with that title and a birdhouse.

There is always hope.


 


 

 

1 comment:

DaveStuff said...

Peace My Sister!
The Kingdom is Here