Wednesday, June 17, 2015

I'll Take Another Day Like This Please

What A Wonderful World as sung by Louis Armstrong, my favorite song and in my little corner of the world on this particular day it is indeed a wonderful world.  My favorite gospel song for years has been How Great Thou Art but I think perhaps a new song may be edging it out; I Praise You as sung by Johna Renee and written by Johna Rosier.  It's been a music filled day for me and anytime it's a music day it's a great day in my book. 



It has been an active day to be sure, we went to Findley State Park and did a walk/run, I walk, Don runs and we generally enjoy ourselves.  It rained today and for me, it was such a gift!  I do truly love to walk in the rain; it is a wonderful feeling, freeing and exhilarating and it's a celebration.  It was a perfect day for me and I hope it was for Don as well.  He had a good run, even with the rain and mud.  The thing is; if we get wet in the rain, we will dry out, if we get muddy it will wash off no worries.  It's all part of participating in life you've got to get out there and live it.  So It's been a music day with walking in the rain and shared with Don...it just doesn't get much better than that.  God is was raining down His Grace on me today, yes it was a gift.



As this day draws to close and I begin to plan my day for tomorrow I am thinking that maybe I'll just walk on my treadmill tomorrow .  I've got lots of things I need to do here in the house and a good easy 2 miles after my great PR on my 5 miler today sounds like just the thing.  Maybe I'll go out to the garden and poke around a little too, you just never know.




There is always hope.

No comments: