Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Little Disappointed

I had a disappointing appointment with the surgeon today. He couldn't tell me anything because the lab work isn't back yet; I'll see him again next week. His office set my appointment with an oncologist for September 6, and then I'll find out if I have to have radiation therapy.

The wound is still very tender and it seeps though the pain is significantly less.

Tomorrow I begin walking again and I am looking forward to it. I think one week off is plenty of time to lick my wounds and face the realities of what lies ahead. I have been evaluating myself and trying to see if I am facing this cancer thing head on or if I am shunting it to the side and trying to ignore it. My conclusion is that I am facing it. What I am doing is looking at it realistically; in my instance cancer is not a death sentence therefore I will not become an emotional wreck and make things difficult for myself or Don. I must admit that I am proud of myself and the way I have handled it so far.

Today is the first cross country meet of the season. I hope the kids have a really good year (of course that would mean their coach would also have a really good year) and go as teams to the regional meet.

There is always hope.

No comments: