Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Clean House

Ah, the satisfaction of a clean house. It looks good, it smells good and it feels good. We are having the cross country team over for lasagna on Thursday evening and I needed to spiff the place up a bit. And now I am clean too, I just got out of the shower, so now I can settle in and write up the shopping list for tomorrow. Don is at a cross country meet this evening so while I was cleaning I put some Rod Stewart on the CD player while I worked. Don really doesn't like him but he bought me all the Great American Song Book albums, what a sweet man I have.

I took a Percocet a little while ago; I'm having some pretty severe breast pain. I think the vacuuming caused it, makes sense really, it's the right breast that has cancer and has had the surgery and of course I am right handed. Its ok, the pill is kicking in. In the end it's all worth it, doing this for Don, having the kids over that is. He does so much for me and I know he wanted so much to have them over but he wouldn't ask me after just having surgery. It was my idea; I figure it's best to have them over now because if I have to have radiation therapy we don't know how I'll react to it. Best to do it now. What an amazing man my husband is. Do you know that he comes in with me at the surgeons? I hope he will come in with me at the oncologists too. I am such a lucky woman to have him.

Thanks to Don I am getting my walks in, though I do not plan to walk on Thursday. I don't seem to have much energy for a walk when we leave home but when I finish my walk I feel much better for having done it. Who knows, maybe I'll get some energy back now that I'm walking gain…

There is always hope.

No comments: