Thursday, October 18, 2007

Believe It Or Not I Am Still Here

Golly, long time, no post. Sorry about that. I can only believe my lack of inspiration (coherent thought, really) is due to the medication. Since my last post, we have been to the ER again and would have been there two times, but for Reed's cold. He was feeling so miserable I just could not make myself ask him to take me. Ah well, we both survived and now I have his cold. Yuk! He is still coughing and hacking and I have such a sore throat it hurts to think about it as well as the sinus and cough thing.

I had an appointment with Dr. Stolfi (neurologist) today. He increased the Neurontin again; I am now taking 600 MG 3 times a day. That takes me back to the dose I was on before I had the bright idea to stop taking it. He also changed my migraine medication to Imitrex and Reglan. I suppose time will tell if the new drugs will help. I am a drug taking mess. High blood pressure and cholesterol, asthma and Trigeminal Neuralgia topped off with a helping of migraines, I hate taking all those pills with a true and deep passion. It seems I cannot get rid of one without substituting it with two more.

I cannot help but wonder has anyone ever died of depression due to taking pills. It seems so bleak at the moment; I tell you truly, I am very depressed about the drugs. I would very much like to go find a nice dark hole and hide myself forever, never to encounter another prescription or pill. The entire thing makes me feel so sorry for people who are really sick. I am so lucky that there is nothing life threatening the matter with me. I thank God for it and I am ashamed to be caught bemoaning my lot when there are countless people truly suffering. With that acknowledgement I can only say…There is always hope.

Betty


No comments: