Thursday, July 5, 2007

Away!

After a little planning and a lot of work, Don and I have decided to take a road trip (destination Delaware) for our 30th anniversary. We don't really go all out for most of the traditional romantic stuff. As a matter of fact, we seldom do anything more than dinner and a movie. The impetus behind this departure from the norm is that we both just remembered we didn't do anything for our 25th anniversary and that's supposed to be a real biggie.

I thought since I won't be here for a few days I might as well bring you up to speed on what I have been doing for the past week or so.

I finished the audio version of Lee Child's Tripwire, and I have to say I enjoyed it just as much the second time round as I did the first. What a writer! I also read James Patterson's 1st To Die. It was a pretty good book and I don't regret making the impulse buy of the first five books in The Women's Murder Club series after having read only one of his other books. I also listened to the audio version (abridged) of Robert Ludlum's Covert One series The Altman Code. I really liked the book when I read it but I was very disappointed in the audio version, I should know by now that I really don't care for any book in the abridged version.

I have seen a few movies along the way as well. Driving Lessons with Rupert Grint was a very cute movie. I thought his character was sweet and the entire cast was really very impressive. I saw Maggie Smith in Keeping Mum and I highly recommend that movie to anyone who loves British humor. It is a dark story line but it has many moments of sweetness and light comedy done in true Britt fashion. Both movies are well worth the time investment. I also saw the first two installments of the BBC production of the Sharpe series with Sean Bean. He is so easy on this old woman's eyes!

Well, everything is such a rush at the moment. We may be running away for a few days but we still have to meet our other summer commitments and that means I really have to get busy again. Oh, for the time to read a little more :)

There is always hope.

Betty

No comments: