Friday, February 1, 2013

Winter Dreariness and Doctors


 Strange, the way time moves sometimes.  The days have all sort of run together into an endless cycle of cold wakefulness and sleeping.  I haven’t been warm in months it seems, though I am properly dressed for the cold. 

We have been keeping busy with movies; we have been to see The Hobbit eight times and we have been watching a lot of DVD’s and television.  Apparently this is our answer to winter dreariness.  The never ending battle to be warm seldom sees a victory.  And of course we have challenged ourselves to a diet at a time when instinct says to eat and don’t stop.  Don is doing very well with his running; I am a dismal failure at walking.  I really do need to motivate myself (as always).

I wonder what’s in store for me when I go to see Dr Kahn next week.  He is my medical oncologist; I have to say that if all he does is ask me how I am doing and then tells me to come back in six months, I will be a little put out.  If that’s all there is to it, we could do that by phone or by mail and save us both the time and bother.  After all, it is very difficult to get an appointment to see him; why take up precious time with something that could be handled in a time saving manor?  Oh well, it probably will go just the way I suspect and really the reason I am a little out of sorts about it is because I know there is no new cancer to worry about.  I am having none of that!  The whole thing with seeing all three of my doctors for cancer check-ups just makes me squirm.  It feels like I am asking for something to be there by checking all of the time.  Ah well, enough of that.

There really isn’t anything else to cover at the moment so I’ll go for now.

There is always hope.

No comments: