Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Doing Nothing


I can do nothing better than just about anyone you want to think of; it's what I do most of the time. I can stretch laundry day out into a three or four day event. When I clean house my to do list has one room per day on it - I'm only talking about sweeping and dusting or ordinary cleaning in the bathroom and kitchen. I am trying to decide if this habit is due to sheer laziness or boredom; it's a tossup really. The fact is that I enjoy a nice clean, orderly home and I am prepared to do whatever is necessary to keep it that way, I guess I just don't want to exert too much energy at one time and wear myself out.

I believe that most of my lethargy can be attributed to winter doldrums, though I do think that there is still a lingering tiredness left over from the radiation therapy.  Still, it’s a little difficult to justify doing nothing for any period of time; sooner or later you have to get up and do something or else go batty.  Well, there are people who would argue that I have always been batty, no news flash there.

Over the last few years I have been active on Face Book.  I enjoy seeing what friends and family are up to, though I rarely post myself.  Much like here, there isn’t much that happens on a daily basis that would be worthy of a post.  I do post, just not very often.  I just thought I’d throw that little tid-bit in there for the fun of it, a general interest thing.  With that I think I’ll call this post finished.

There is always hope.        

No comments: