Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Perfect Day For Walking


Biking, hiking, running or walking it’s the perfect day for them all; 43degrees feels wonderful!  Good for me, I actually got out there and walked 2 miles today.  Now if I could just make a habit of doing that I would be sitting pretty. 
I remember when walking was compulsory for me.  I had to do it, it just didn’t feel right to skip a day or even cut a walk short.  I can tell you that it’s much easier to get out of the habit than to get in to it.  While I’m at it (getting out of old habits) I will have to insist that I give up the candy.  Just because I received 18 boxes for my birthday does not mean I have to eat them all right away.  I think I have been working on the premise that it is better to have it all gone quickly, not I think a very wise approach.

By the way, my appointment with Dr Kahn went just about the way I thought it would.  He did examine me and ask when my next mammogram is.  I am so fortunate.  I am sure that not very many people have a cancer encounter and come out the other side unscathed as I have.  I do count my blessings.  Seeing three doctors every six months seems a fairly small price to pay.

Well, we shall see what happens with the walking thing.  It will be difficult to get in walks next weekend, my mother-in-law is having hip replacement surgery and we will be in Youngstown to be with her,  I think that she is very brave to be having the surgery and I hope she comes through it like a champ.  That little hitch in the walking works will be the only real excuse I will have not to do it.  As I say, we shall see…

There is always hope.

No comments: