Sunday, December 16, 2007

Yucky Old Cold

It is, I believe, the height of stupidity to let something as common (no pun intended) as a cold ruin my favorite time of year. I have, of course been called worse things than stupid and in this instance I humbly consent wear the title because it is precisely what I am being. Albeit I cannot seem to help myself because everything that needs doing for the holidays remains undone.

As I type this post Brenda Lee is signing Rocking Around The Christmas Tree in a weird kind of quadraphonic, tin can voice that reverberates painfully against my poor, pressure stressed eardrums. I cannot stand it so I just turned off the music.

There is so much to do before Christmas! I need to bake the cookies, finish shopping, wrap the gifts, clean the house and make lasagna all before the magical day arrives; I’ll never get it all done unless I feel a little bit better. I will not stress about it though, the meaning of Christmas has nothing to do with all of those bits and pieces of the modern, commercial version of the day. Still, I do love the lights and music and it makes me just a little bit sad to have the enjoyment diminished by a yucky old cold.

I apologize if this all sounds rather fuzzy and stuffed up; personally I think I have done well in just making the attempt to post.

There is always hope.

Betty

No comments: