Monday, November 19, 2007

Meditation A New Endeavor

I am researching and attempting to practice meditation. This evening was the first time I actually sat down and tried to open my mind and…well, perhaps I should practice breathing first. I have to tell you when I sat down to light the candle I was fine. It was after I had taken a few cleansing breathes that the image of Hermione (HP and The Prisoner of Azkaban) skipping down the path to Hagrid’s hut and laughing over her shoulder to Harry and Ron (in reference to Professor Trelawney’s class), “Open your inner eye!” came to mind . Needless to say, that did it. The next image that came to mind was one of a dumpy middle-aged housewife, fresh from the shower and wearing her most comfy three sizes to big pj’s, sitting as close to cross-legged as she can get on a pillow on the floor and…well, I am sure you get the picture. Ah well, there is always tomorrow. And I will, I promise, try again.



I really do not have anything profound or enlightening to say this evening. I just wanted to let you know about the meditation thing. I am serious about the subject; I think it might be helpful in managing the migraines. As always, time will tell.


There is always hope.


Betty

No comments: