Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Another Day, Another Bumpy Ride

Here I am again, in this place of emotional fuzz and physical depletion. Sorry about that, though I really cannot seem to help myself when I am in this state. This post may or may not make sense, it may convey my anxiety or it may read as though the author is on drugs (which, I most assuredly am) and in need of counseling (which, the rules of probability suggests I might) sooner rather than later. So my friends…to quote a shrunken head, “…it’s going to be a bumpy ride".


Some days are better than others, we have all experienced that. Some people can be happy anywhere, under any circumstance; they can turn their stress filled eyes to heaven and sincerely thank God for His light during this, their darkest of hours. I would like to believe I am one of those people, God knows I am not. Therefore, I must be one of the other people who keep trundling through life, shoulders braced and back bent as I make my way, comforted in the knowledge that my every accomplishment has been achieved from the safety of His shoulders. It is, I believe, a comfort I can not survive without.


Life is the journey, does it really matter what your religious beliefs are (or even if you have any) as long as you have that certain knowledge?


Perhaps that is why I so love to travel by train. Just thinking of being on a train makes me smile; I can feel the sway of the car and hear the chatter of the tracks, and feel the bumping and tugging of the cars as they try to beat each other to the destination. Come to think of it, trains remind me an awful lot of humans :-). We are so often in a hurry to reach our destination that we forget to take a moment and enjoy the scenery we are passing by. We instead try to peer round the next bend or over the plain beyond us straining to get a glimpse of the depot. Odd isn’t it, how once we have reached the depot the journey suddenly becomes a memory?


Once again I have taken a circuitous route. The entire post today is really about how I have not quite adjusted to the increased dosage of Neurontin and the way I am still fuzzy headed and weak because of it to the point of loosing some muscle control. I thought my cold had nearly run its course but now I am having trouble breathing again. In short, I just feel yucky and so I believe I am going to go back to bed. I say now, quite seriously, is life not glorious! I am so thankful for these very small discomforts.


There is always hope.


Betty

No comments: