Friday, November 5, 2010

This and That

I talked to a friend today about the high cost of my prescriptions. I told her that I am considering tapering off and quitting all of my prescriptions. She understands the temptation though she did not encourage me to do it. I know that I am far from being alone when it comes to this financial struggle. The cost of medicine just keeps going up and the amount of my co-pay keeps getting higher as the list of drugs approved on the formulary continues to shrink. Who can say what new charges will be added to the cost of my prescriptions in the new year? I was shocked when I saw the Benefit Tax added to the bill when I paid for new glasses a few months ago. Benefit Tax? PLEASE! Will there be a Wellness Tax levied against my prescriptions in 2011?

It snowed today; flurries really, it was the first snow I have seen this season.

I devoured Lee Child's latest book, Worth Dying For, it was packed with Reacher action. I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes a good thriller.

It looks like we will be going to JB's for Thanksgiving. We were in Boardman last weekend and we made the decision before we came home that we would be back for the holiday. It should be fun, JB does things right.

I'll let you know tomorrow if my plan works out, I hope to walk 4 miles in the morning. I really enjoy my longer walks. I lose myself in my music and go. As I said, I'll let you know.

There is always hope.

 

No comments: