Sunday, February 24, 2008

Blow Me To Burmuda!

It has to be said, I really do not like winter! I find it hard to believe that once upon a time I looked forward to snow and ice and cold. What was I thinking? As Merlin said in The Sword In The Stone, "Blow me to Bermuda!" you can say that again. It's the cold you see, if I could just have a little more warmth and a lot less cold I would be fine. If I ever win the lottery (sadly, I don't play) I am moving somewhere that never gets cooler than 60 for a daytime high. Oh, to dream :-)

Because I am as frozen as a Popsicle (sounds like a valid excuse to me) I have done absolutely nothing for days now. LAZY that's what the cold makes me. I believe the technical term is hibernation. I must, in a previous life, have been a bear. Not a mean growling bear; a tubby contented bear who liked laying in the sun and eating nuts and berries and honey and chasing butterflies (and the occasional human, just for fun) and climbing trees. Yes, that is most definitely the kind of bear I was. Oh -- and I lived in a warm climate.

Back to the here and now. I guess I should trundle back down the hall and make a pot of decaf. Don will be home from his 10 mile run soon. What a man he is, going out into that cold! Maybe he'll inspire me to get back to walking now that my poor broken toes are all better.

There is always hope.

Betty

No comments: